Monday, June 20, 2016

Pattern Paper card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Pattern Papers. There are so many fabulous paper packs to choose from, but you can also make your own for this challenge!



I rarely use Pattern Papers although I love the look of them for sure. So I have a few. Recently I bought one I'm totally in love with, Sea Breeze from Kaiser Craft. I saw it months ago and couldn't wait to get it!

 

First I've selected two sheets from the Sea Breeze paper pack and distressed them with peacock feathers and Ground Espresso Distress Ink. The light one is for the front side and the other is for the back to act like a frame. I'm so used to begin with a blank sheet, but I had an idea about how I wanted it very soon after I started.



To the Crackle Texture Paste I've added Pale Silver Mica Powder. It was a bit too thick that I to add a  little water to it(that part is not in the video). Probably the reason that the crackles are hardly showing.

 

For the Wildflowers I used Pitch Black Paint Dabbers, along with Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder. I think these are discontinued. But if you have them laying around, you can create very cool texture with it, even more than you maybe know. I've applied 2 layers of both. Because I've used paint and there are release crystals in the Distress Embossing Powder, those two things makes the cool texture. The paint bubbles because of the heat and the release crystals are stuck in the paint and don't release but giv the sandy texture. It really looks like carbonized wild flowers. By applying Opal Magic Paint Alchemy in some places, the texture gets even more defined and it gets more dimension.



VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

20 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, I love the aqua and black together, my fave colours, and the embossed design and all the details are fabulous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Dawn Darlene said...

love the stems!

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, Sandra! I love the texture you got on those flowers! Absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs,
Cathie ♥

Mischelle said...

Beautiful card!

Nan G said...

Gorgeous mixed media card!

Maura said...

Fantastic! Love the dimension behind those lovely flowers on your card, Sandra! Great mix between the paper and and colors! hugs, Maura

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Ha, ha! I never noticed that before, but you're right! You don't use patterned paper very often! What fun it was to see it incorporated so beautifully here. I also adore the square texture you created. This just goes to show how talented you are at using all sorts of different supplies...including patterned paper!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Love the depth that you have on this card. Wonderful layers -- Mary Elizabeth

Stephanie said...

Even though you rarely use patterned papers, they really came together nicely in your project this week! I love it!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Words and Pictures said...

Amazing texture on those wildflowers, and I love how you altered the papers to bring them to life.
Alison x

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a fabulous project, Sandra. You really created a gorgeous piece with all the beautiful details. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, you're good! Marvelous texture and color. Thanks for the video.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful project Sandra...the background texture is stunning and love the gorgeous wildflowers...hugs kath xxx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful project Sandra...the background texture is stunning and love the gorgeous wildflowers...hugs kath xxx

jasann said...

Just love this with the textures and colours - a fab birthday card!!!!

Macarena said...

Stunning card. I love the soft blues with a strong black. Great dimension given to the Wildflowers, really adorable. And I love your NAILS!!! Hugs, Marzena

Barbara said...

awesome card Sandra! love so much colors, patterned papers and flowers! And as always you are the Queen of Washi!!! BArbara

Emma Williams said...

I just love the colours you've chosen to use on this stunning card, Sandra...they are beautiful and those wildflowers look fabulous and create such an impact on that textural background! I adore it... Hugs :)

AlexaCzar said...

beautiful card !!!

greets

Unknown said...

I love your beautiful card! The background colors you created
are fantastic.
Thank for your always encouraging me